Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Guest Post: Wendi from Classic Chic Home

Hi Everyone!  Today Wendi from Classic Chic Home is here to talk about sculpture in design.  You're in for a treat - Wendy has a great eye for beautiful decor, and this is such a beautiful post!  I love sculpture - always have - so when Wendi suggested this for a post I thought it was a brilliant idea.  These examples are truly stunning.  Take a look:


(via This-Next)

I'm pleased to be here today at Haus Design while Barbara is away on her amazing vacation in Asia. I thought I'd share with you one of my all-time favorite decorating accessories.

I love unique design elements that instill a sense of history and offer a rich, timeless presence. Here are some stunning examples of how to add instant character to your home with small Sculptures and Statues.

Introduce an impressive statement piece...
(via Lily-and-George)

(via Country Living)

A charming, decorative accent...
(via The-Skirted-Round-Table)

(via Neuvo Estillo)

or even a cherished garden statue.
(via Mix-and-Chic)

(via BHG)

Regardless of its size, or the era it represents...
(via Neuvo Estilo)

(Katie Lee Joel)

Sculptural pieces beautifully add warmth, interest and personality to a space.

Are you as drawn to the classic aesthetic of a regal bust or statue as I am?

Thanks so much Wendi for helping out while I am away - you did a beautiful job!

13 comments:

The enchanted home said...

Beautiful.....sculpture can give a room such a feeling of importance and add a little drama....I would love to have a sculpture at some point to add to my own home. Nicely done!

Acquired Objects said...

I have a few busts and statues hanging about my home. They add a bit of life in the rooms even if they are made of stone. Beautifully done and I love it.

I hope you're having fun Barbara!

XX
Debra~

Anonymous said...

love the style of these interiors with the classic busts...adds so much in the way of depth and layering..
best,
maureen

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

I agree they do make a statement! Lots of creative ways to include them in the home. These are some wonderful examples!

Splendid Sass said...

Wendy-
I love a home filled with beautiful art work. I have done a few portrait bust, and they really do have the artist's personality mixed in. Sculpture is my first love, so this post is especially beautiful to me.
Barbara- Hope that you are enjoying your time in Hong Kong!
Teresa
xoxo

Alexandra said...

Love the staircase with the statue on the platform..

Inge said...

Wendi did a great job! I do think it gives a certain personality to a room but I'm more into modern pieces than a classic one - as I already said to Wendi. But if you ask me, the last three pictures are my favorites! Also because of the light and the use of colors.
Hope you're having fun in Asia, Barbara! I'm curious about all your adventures over there. :-)
Love,
Inge x

Jalon Burton said...

Beautifully done - I love sculpture too - I have one in my foyer and don't think I could have ever been without it before!!! It makes the entrance to my home - PERFECT!
Thank you for sharing these stunning photos.... love, love, love!
Good job, girls.

designchic said...

Definitely statement making and I love the look, and these examples are lovely. Great post Wendi, and hope you're having a fabulous trip, Barbara!!

Ivy Clad said...

I love sculpture! One of my favorite people had a lovely detailed sculpture in her family room (that was quite detailed in the male anatomy department). She cleverly tied a beautiful silk scarf around his waist, and Voila! a fun splash of color (and an avoidance of giggles from the children passing through her open house tour, as the house was for sale.)

Wendi is a great blogger! I enjoyed the post.

Keri

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

Beautiful examples Wendi! I love sculpture and busts in any room. The third photo is one of the best examples of using it in the kitchen I've ever seen.

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

I am always a fan of adding something beautiful to a room...and a great bust/sculpture is always an amazing addition! I've been kind of loving the trend of using them as necklace keepers as well (c;

Plastic planters said...

Well done with the post!! Sculptures can really add a life to your home!! You have done an amazing job! Keep it up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...