Monday, January 9, 2012

Pretty Pantries!

Good Morning Everybody!  I hope your week is off to a good start.  Perhaps you're starting to stock up your pantries with foodstuffs after the holiday craziness...here are a few that I think are truly amazing:

Pinned Image
Brilliant - a sliding pocket door can remain open but be closed up when guets arrive.



Pinned Image
I think this is actually a store, but there are beautiful storage ideas here...

Pinned Image
Martha-worthy organization!

Pinned Image
I love the idea of wallpapering the back of pantry shelves...any way I can make the mundane aspects of life prettier and more stylish really appeals to me!

Pinned Image
If only my pantry could be stocked exclusively with high end gourmet ingredients!

Pinned Image
A sexy and swanky pantry/bar combo.  Love that wine display.

Pinned Image
Practical and pretty - chalkboard paint for quick grocery list notes.

Pinned Image
A ladder in the kitchen is great too, but it totally makes sense in a pantry!

Pinned Image
We have this in our current kitchen and it functions really well.  I'd recommend it.

Pinned Image
I posted this picture when I posted about barn decor, but it is too good not to share again!

Pinned Image
Serious storage.  I like how everything is shallow so nothing "disappears" in the back.

Pinned Image
An unassuming, but pretty, working space.

What does your ideal pantry look like?


14 comments:

The enchanted home said...

Hi Barbara...all are beautiful, I really like the idea of wallpapering a pantry too, I visited a home not long ago and she had the prettiest gold and beige toile in the pantry and it just added so much, it was small but made it feel like a little jewel. Its a great idea...and I think people are drawn to them because they are small,intimate and cozy spaces......nice job!

Thoughts on Design said...

SAlly and I did a long narrow pantry for client once whose door inserts were antiqued wire mesh (I antiqued the mesh. Don't ask...) backed by gathered silk panels. The effect was spectacular! Over all, my preference is for doors on the cabinets. Less dusting and we all know that in real life, these rooms are visual chaos most of the time.

Happy Monday!

John

Acquired Objects said...

I love these ideas but it would be making me nuts trying to keep them perfectly organized. Love the pantry with the sliding barn doors on them I wish I could do that. Great ideas Barbara.

Enjoy your day!
Debra

Wendi @ Classic Chic Home said...

It would be a dream to have a butler's pantry!
I love the idea of adding wallpaper... I just added it to my 'to do' list for 2012!
Have a lovely day, Barbara!
~ Wendi ~

Splendid Sass said...

Wow! To have a pantry like any of these. I love the pantry/bar mix especially. SO Ralph lauren.
I have added you to my blog roll, Barbara. Don't want to miss a post!
Have a great week.
Teresa
xoxo

The Buzz Blog said...

Definitely like the last image though the pocket door in the first image is pretty cool, too. If I had any of the pretty pantries, I'd make sure they were stock with healthy things!
xxoo

Beth25 said...

What a wonderful entry, I love the items and rooms you select, our tastes run along the same lines. It is a joy to open your blog everyday is see something smart, interesting and exciting. Thank you

Tatiana Doria said...

Those are pretty neat pantries!!
I wish I had my cabinets like that!

www.tatianadoria.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

you know you've arrived when your pantry is a whole separate room from the kitchen...gorgeous images and droolworthy at that!
best,
maureen

Sharon Lee Johnson said...

I finally got my pantry when we renovated 2 years ago. Now I wish it was double the size! I love pantries, especially the spacious looking ones with big baskets of fruit on the floor and an abundance of delicious deli goods lining the shelves. Lovely images. X Sharon

Greet Lefèvre said...

Hi Barbara,
A big pantry that is what I am missing in our house!! When I see these pictures I so regret to not have a bigger pantry!! I would love to have a pantry as in the last picture here!! Love this style a lot!!
Thank you for sharing these images! They are very inspirational!!
Have a great week Barbara!
xx
Greet

Unknown said...

Barbara,
These are all fantastic! Space is at a premium in my small kitchen, so I yearn for something as spacious as these.

And, I love those barn doors in the photograph above!

My ideal pantry would be a walk in area with shelves and pull out baskets. I love butler's pantries and I so wish I had one for the china and the silver!!

xo Elizabeth

MS Design Maven Marilyn Storey said...

I love how a well-stocked and organized pantry is almost like a work of art and inspires creativity! Thanks for the inspiration, Barbara!

Interior Glass Doors said...

Wishing to have pantry doors and organized pantry such as yours. Finished reading this blog with full of inspiration.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...