Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Latest Intriguing Spaces

A while back I did a post on Intriguing Spaces, and today I have a few more to share.  These are spaces that are very powerful from a design standpoint.  They make me stop and study them for a while.  I noticed that many of these are dark, masculine and moody...I wonder what that means about my own moods, inspirations and design direction right now??  Anyway, let's take a look and see if any of them speak to you:


turquoise Asian daybed | faux bark wallpaper


Glass French Doors


.

Gold..
Notice the gold pieces on the table.
This place must be in the Meat Packing district in NYC...


love the sinks


Koi Console  www.ivyandvine.com


High Gloss Walls

Dining room

wow


i like the painting over the fireplace ...


zebra stair rug. art work. black and white.
I have seen this artwork technique done with maps but not with a chinese print.  Interesting!


antique daybed, and moody artwork.


chandelier
Reminds me of John Jacob Interiors...so funky and edgy but with elegance, too...


.

<3
This image struck me as "quiet" - it has several elements I admire:  millwork, nailhead trim on the chair, botanicals and that beautiful pattern on the roman shade.  That's a lot of style in one small space and yet it is so harmonious.  Hence, the quiet comment.

wall

RH 4

Lonny Magazine Apr/May 2010 | Photography by Patrick Cline; Interior Design by Laurann Claridge

What do you think of  these spaces?  Intriguing or no?

11 comments:

Haus and Home said...

Lots of great detail and styling like the fish table. Thanks for sharing Barbara!

Splendid Sass said...

I will be pinning away here!! Love each room, and I too am a little on the masculine side of decorating, but I am a very girly girl! Love the dark walls. My new design inspiration.
Happy Thursday, Barbara.
Teresa
xoxo

Stacy CUrran said...

I could sit and talk about the intrigue of these rooms for hours with you! I wish we lived closer!
Stacy

Victoria said...

Fabulous spaces, Barbara. I love too many to mention...well, maybe I'll mention the John Jacob inspired industrial chic dining room. I have pinned virtually all of these. Thanks for a bath inspiration as well.
Best...Victoria

Thoughts on Design said...

Intrigue. Interesting word choice. I find your comment that you see many of these spaces as being dark, masculine and moody to be intriguing... I see a few, but certainly not many.

The images that speak to me are the ones that are simpler and more clear in their visual messaging.

Visual clutter makes it hard for me to take in and digest a room. Too many things saying, "Look at me!"

Cheers,
john

cindy hattersley said...

I am with Teresa...lot's to pin. I love that dining space from Atlanta Homes. Actually I love them all for different reasons. You really found some treasures!

Beth said...

I love them all! The first one is especially striking. Are you able to source the wood totem-pole-like sculpture in the first picture?

michele said...

yummmmmmm, barbara. and can i say sultry on the blog?

sultry.

michele

Marianne said...

I love them all! The each have such great layers and depth to them. Very intriguing!

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

It's that masculine element that I love in design...timeless and forever...so different from all the spaces with white sofas and chairs with a brightly colored chevron pillow...so gone tomorrow...

quintessence said...

Most definitely intriguing. I love the architectonic feel to many of these spaces with their strong lines and tailored feel. And I adore the blue lacquered walls in that handsome room with the roaring fire!! Happy weekend to you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...