Friday, October 5, 2012

A Northwest Highlight

Happy Friday!  It's been a busy week, but a good one.  The gorgeous weather continues to hold here in Seattle and I am trying to appreciate every day, knowing that soon the rain will come and not let up for a very loooong time.  :)  Being a native Northwester, I'm ok with that (shhhh...I actually like it...), but that doesn't mean I can't thoroughly enjoy these cool, crisp, clear days!  

We had a beautiful walk in a nearby forest last weekend and I thought I'd share a few of the pictures that I took - it's was like a wonderland - quite a magical outing very near our house!  I feel very lucky to call this home.






How do you like to enjoy Fall, indoors or out?

7 comments:

The Buzz Blog said...

We wish could spend the season more on forest hikes than on riverbanks at regattas but either way, we would vote for the sun rather than the rain (being that we were raised in Belgium where the sun seldom shines!)
xxoo
C + C

Marianne said...

Beautiful! We have been so lucky with our weather lately!

Wendi @ Classic Chic Home said...

Such lovely scenery... you must have had a lovely walk. I'm definitely enjoyinh fall this year... the weather has been perfect!

Thoughts on Design said...

Looks like you had a picture perfect day!!! We've been battling inconsistent weather here in New England. Lots of fog and drizzle of late along the coast where Sally and I live... I'd love to have more time to enjoy the warm sunny days we have, especially on weekends, but somehow, Fall chores and yard work keep getting in the way... Maybe I'd sneak off to do a little fall trout fishing in northern Maine, too :-)

Have a great weekend!

Cheers,
John

carolyn bradford said...

We are getting used to enjoying fall for the first time as Empty Nesters…its really different as we don't have football games at the high school and tonight was our school's homecoming…and yet we got to enjoy a nice dinner out at our favorite restaurant! I guess you can't beat that! Fall is wonderful! Especially when it's cool in Alabama!

michele said...

we have beautiful woods just outside so fall is pretty magical. i love all those ferns in your pics!

smiles to you.

michele

Urban Orchard Interiors said...

How beautiful! There's nothing more magical than ferns covering a forest floor. I'm enjoying catching up with your posts Barbara--I've been absent for a while!

-Lane

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...