Sunday, October 21, 2012

Cozy (And Stylish) Family Rooms

I don't know about all of you, but our Sunday will be a very lazy one:  cozying up inside, maybe watching a movie and just enjoying each other's company after a very busy week!  It's times like this that I am so happy that I enjoy design, so I can create a space for our family that we can re-charge in.  

Of course, as with most people who love design, my own home's rooms are never "done" so I am always looking for new inspirations.  And...I don't want to sacrifice style just to make it kid friendly and make room for the TV!  I am constantly on the lookout for rooms that strike that perfect balance of livability and beauty.  Here are a few of my favorites:


.
I love all of the light in this room and those gorgeous ottomans!

<3 Betsy Burnham

House of Turquoise

Family room in Baltimore. Elizabeth Reich.

gold accented ceiling...chevron upholstery.  love so many things about this.

This room looks a bit formal for a family room to watch TV, but it would be a great place to curl up and read a book!

living room


Nice layout



beach chic
Such a beautiful mix of pillows in this room...

half walls
I'm a huge fan of half walls like this one - great storage below, display space above and yet light still flows throughout.  Lovely!  
(the room beyond ain't bad either ;))

LOVE this deep couch and antique bookcase

What is most important to you in a family space?
Hope you have a wonderful Sunday, however you choose to enjoy it!


8 comments:

Acquired Objects said...

Beautiful rooms for sure Barbara. About the only thing my husband and I really want in a room is great seating and a place to put a beverage.

Enjoy your Sunday!
XXX
Debra~

Beautifully Seaside // Formerly Chic Coastal Living said...

Love those rooms especially the first one! Simply beautiful!

The enchanted home said...

Gorgeous rooms....all of them feel so warm and inviting, like you can imagine curling up with a book and warm blanket and calling it a day, exactly the kind of day I plan to have today!!

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

I could spend a good amount of time in any of those rooms. Great selections.

Garden, Home and Party said...

Barbara,
These are all wonderful rooms, inviting and cozy.
Karen

mary said...

Beautiful rooms, but don't think that the white upholstery would last too long in my house. I love how each room is filled with light. Thanks.
Mary

Monica said...

Just love wall of windows and several photos have the beautiful sun light lighting the rooms. I especially love the large arched windows with the scenic backyard!!

Unknown said...

Love the off white sectional with nail heads!! Where is that from?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...